Massage therapy is not only a feel-good way to indulge or pamper yourself, it is an ancient healing modality used to enhance wellness and help manage health conditions. Massage therapy has been practiced in most cultures, both Eastern and Western, throughout human history, and was one of the earliest tools used for pain relief. This healing modality is provided by a trained and licensed massage therapist who will use varying degrees of pressure to manipulate the soft tissues of the body (muscle, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, and skin).
Studies have found benefits of massage therapy include:
- Reducing stress and increasing relaxation
- Reducing pain and muscle soreness and tension
- Improving circulation, energy and alertness
- Lowering heart rate and blood pressure
- Improving immune function
- Flushing bodily toxins
- Regulating blood sugar levels
- Improving posture and flexibility
- Relaxing muscles and mind
Massage can be a powerful tool to help you take charge of your health and well-being, whether you have a specific health condition or are just looking for another stress reliever. Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massage because it often produces feelings of caring, calming, comfort and connection.
Massage at Mind and Body